Weddings are a special day for everyone, including the kids. While the adults are celebrating the happy couple, the kids need to be entertained too. That's where our list of the 5 best kid-friendly activities come in.
From fun activity books to board game to personalized keychains that double as wedding favors, we've rounded up some of our favorite wedding table ideas for kids for this Haven Print Co. wedding inspiration and ideas round up.
There are many different ways to keep kids entertained at a wedding. Here are a few ideas:
Our very own Wedding Activity Book.
We've seen Etsy's AI Generated coloring pages, and raise you our hand-drawn coloring and activity book - made by a recent bride, for all future brides. Because who wants AI generated coloring pages hanging our on their perfectly curated wedding tables in their wedding photos?
We created the Wedding Activity Book to find a solution for newlyweds that just couldn't say no to their favorite kids at their special day. Packed with fun activities that will not lose their attention after 2 minutes, our book includes mazes, word search puzzles, word unscrambler, I Spy, "draw a picture of the newlyweds", tic-tac-toe, and more pages to keep them occupied. An aesthetically pleasing activity & coloring book is a great way to keep kids entertained and engaged at a wedding.
First, you'll want to designate a table specifically for the kids. Add this into your reception plan with your caterer, wedding planner, and rental company. You can decorate the kids' table keeping within your wedding theme and add a kids table sign (customize one of our bar signs to match your own decor!) or you can opt for a fun tablecloth that's just for kids. (Or what about a paper table cloth that IS a coloring pad itself for the kids' table?!)
Our activity book is available as a digital download + hard copy is on the way! If you're looking for the hard copy, just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - they're still in production but we have a few laying around ready for your wedding!
Other kid-friendly activities
Here are some other kid-friendly activities that you can offer at your wedding, some pieces are linked in our Amazon Storefront so we may may a small commission if you decide to purchase:
- Kids' table: Set up a separate table for the kids with their own food and activities. This will give them a place to go where they can be with other kids and have fun.
- Arts and crafts: Set up a table with arts and crafts supplies so that kids can make their own creations. This could include things like coloring, painting, drawing, and making jewelry. Be on the lookout for our custom guestbook puzzles!
- Games: Provide a variety of games for the kids to play, such as board games, card games, and outdoor games. You could also hire a clown or entertainer to provide activities for the kids.
- Movie: Set up a projector and screen and show a kid-friendly movie. This is a great way to keep the kids entertained while the adults are dancing. This is my favorite projector from amazon. Our favorite is linked here, but don't forget the screen! We use these for our babes at family parties and play our favorite nostalgic thanksgiving, christmas, and halloween movies! We love the projector stand because its small enough + portable! 3
- Kids' room: If you have the space, you could set up a kids' room with toys and games. This would give the kids a place to go to play and relax.
Tips for planning kid-friendly activities
Here are a few tips for planning kid-friendly activities for your wedding:
- Consider the age range of the kids. Make sure to choose activities that are appropriate for all of the kids who will be attending.
- Have a variety of activities to choose from. This will give the kids something to do no matter what their interests are.
- Set up the activities in a safe area. Make sure that the kids will have enough space to run around and play without getting into trouble.
- Supervise the kids. Even though the kids will be having fun, it's important to have someone supervising them at all times.
By planning kid-friendly activities for your wedding, you can ensure that everyone has a great time, including the kids.
Don't forget to download this free wedding coloring page!